As a driver you may have questions about your insurance policy and how it affects your auto and your driving situation. Some of your questions may deal with coverage benefits, the premium and even which deductible is right for you. One thing about your insurance that you need to understand because it affects your premium is whether or not you are part of the assigned-risk or not and if there is a way out of the pool.
Assigned-Risk in New York City
- Assigned-risk drivers are people who have been classified as risky drivers. They may have a GUI convictions or some other infraction that makes them hard to insure.
- The pool has been setup with the goal of providing insurance to people who really need it for their car.
- There is an application that must be filled out in order to be considered for the pool.
- Once you are admitted to the pool it does not mean that you have to stay there.
- Before coming off of the list you should try and clear up your driving record. Most accidents and tickets fall off after five years.
- Consider making it back to a standard insurance company by moving up to a non-standard insurance company first. Cleaning up your record and trying to get on with a great insurance company will take time.
If you are a driver and you have to get insurance from the assigned risk pool, then we can help you. Contact us today to speak with an independent agent. It’s important that you give us a call so that we can give you specific details for your circumstances and help you get the insurance you need to be able to drive in New York City.